Welcome to our #BoozyFriday post, courtesy of our friends at CHOMP!
The creators of Hong Kong’s popular food rescue app are experts at reducing food waste and will be sharing a cocktail recipe with us every Friday that utilises some of the most common (and possibly, expiring) items in your pantry.
Have some leftover rosé stuck in the fridge? Well, here’s our hack for using up those rosé remnants… to make a delicious Rosé Frozé!
LEFTOVER ROSÉ FROZÉ
INGREDIENTS / MAKES 4
- Leftover rosé wine – 2 cups
- Frozen strawberries – 1 ½ cups
- Granulated sugar – 2 tbsp
- Ice cubes – 1 cup
- Pour the leftover rosé into a sheet pan and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Add the frozen strawberries and sugar to a pot, and heat it up with moderate heat until the sugar dissolves and the strawberries defrost.
- Turn the heat off and infuse for about 30 minutes.
- Separate the strawberries and syrup, then cover and chill.
- Blend the strawberries, frozen rosé and ice together until smooth.
- Add strawberry syrup to taste then serve!
Sign up for the 8Shades weekly newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox!