Introducing our new column by @littlecitytales aka. Stephanie Poon, a Hong Kong city mother of three who loves to share creative upcycled crafts ideas and tutorials for both kids and parents.
For Steph’s first post for 8Shades, she’s sharing some DIY Mother’s Day Egg Carton cards that are not only easy to make, but equally impressive, too!
- Egg Carton
- Paint & paintbrush
- Thin twigs
- Gluegun or school glue
- Alphabet stamps or stickers
- Flowers or plants
Option 1: Love You Mum Vase
- Cut the middle protruding parts of the egg carton out and trace a heart shape along the open end. Then cut out.
- Paint your hearts in whatever colour you like!
- Glue your hearts onto card paper
- Collect flowers and leaves and trim to desired length. You can add some glue to secure them into the egg carton vases.
- Stamp, write, or stick on your message!
Option 2: You Are My Sunshine
- Cut out the cups from the egg carton.
- Paint in yellow.
- Collect some twigs and break them into short pieces. My 3-year-old liked to do this by hand, but adult support might be required.
- Glue down the egg carton onto card, and glue some twigs around it as sun rays.
- Stamp, write or stick on your message to complete!
Follow @littlecitytales on Instagram for more creative upcycled crafts ideas and tutorials!
Sign up for the 8Shades weekly newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox!