Welcome to another #BoozyFriday post, courtesy of our friends at CHOMP!
The creators of Hong Kong’s popular food rescue app are experts at reducing food waste and will be sharing a cocktail recipe with us every Friday that utilises some of the most common (and possibly, expiring) items in your pantry.
Next up, we have a Leftover Coffee Vino – a classy cocktail made with two main ingredients: port wine and chilled black coffee.
LEFTOVER COFFEE VINO
- Port wine
- Brewed black coffee that has been chilled (pour-over or cold brew)
- Sugar syrup (can be skipped if you want it less sweet)
- Cinnamon powder
- Orange peel
- Pour 70ml of chilled black coffee and 60ml of port wine in a shaker and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass that has been chilled beforehand.
- Decorate the top with a small amount of cinnamon powder and an orange peel.
Follow @chompfoodwaste on Instagram and download their app (Apple/Android) to take an active part in reducing food waste in Hong Kong and beyond.
Sign up for the 8Shades weekly newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox!
See all #BoozyFriday posts for more zero waste cocktails!